Wednesday, August 17, 2005

No Mold on the Daily Bread....

Sunday morning I went to my first Vox Prayer time. We just started it a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been able to go because we don't know what to do with our kids yet. Well this week, I went and Drew stayed home with the kids. (He did pretty well getting them both ready to go by himself...just a couple of hick-ups, huh Drew?) It was an incredible time of directed prayer. Dallas lead us, moving us from one direction to another with scripture from the message. At one point, he told us to ask for our Daily Bread. I thought immediately about how God has been providing for our family lately. He's been giving us our Daily Bread - and this house is, apparently, just one more way that he's providing. But, let me just say that this mold issue has had me nervous. It cost us $775 just to test for the mold & if it was present, then we wouldn't buy the house and we'd be out all of that money. The last couple of times we started shopping for houses (in Arkansas), we had huge unexpected expenses come up that wiped out our savings and stopped us from pursuing the house-hunt. So, I'm gun shy. I was afraid that we'd pay for this inspection, only to find out that we didn't want the house. I was afraid that we'd been given Moldy Daily Bread. But Sunday morning, I realized that that is not in tune with God's character.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:9-11

Finally, I trusted God BEFORE he proved himself!

***In case you aren't sure...we got the results back on the mold test yesterday & we're in the clear!***

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew Caperton said...

Baby, it's so cool how I was talking last night about that same Matthew passage. To be honest, I hadn't even scripted it, it just came to me as I was teaching. It seems like we're going to have to hang on to this verse for now.

8/18/2005 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home