Monday, June 13, 2005

What to do?

I'm running out of fun things that Jed and I can do together during the day that doesn't cost money and doesn't kill me physically!
  • We've started going to Barnes & Noble on Monday mornings for Toddler Story Time and Jed really enjoys being around all of the other kids...I enjoy just getting out of the house! Although, getting out of the house becomes much harder every day.
  • We play outside in his pool & in the dirt most days - when the weather is good. Part of our routine includes a popsicle halfway thru playtime. We sit on the swing and he eats his "poo-kee" and I eat mine. Although, he continuously wants mine too. He hasn't yet realized that holding the stick instead of the middle of the popsicle will make it last longer...
  • We go to the mall or other stores and walk around. I'm excited for birthdays or gift giving holidays lately because it's an excuse to go shopping... I'm also excited for just plain old errands! We need milk - yeah! Something to do...
  • We hang out in the sunroom and just play with toys, climb on chairs & couches, watch TV, etc. Yeah, I don't feel like that great of a mom during these times...I mostly just feel lazy.
  • Occassionally, when I can scrape together $.90 in change, we will go get a 'Cajun Sno' (shaved ice) and share it. This is my guilty pleasure lately - either banana, blackberry or strawberry with sweetened condensed milk. Jed doesn't care what flavor. And neither does #2. They are happy with whatever I get...so long as they get some too!
I JUST realized that perhaps I'm going stir crazy because (in addition to being in someone else's home) I'm not used to being at home every single day. I worked 2 or 3 days a week before we moved. No wonder...

3 Comments:

Blogger John Nelson said...

Since Jed likes going to Story Time at B&N, you might check the city library to see if they have some educational activities. Allison takes Emma once or twice a week to the Springdale library. They sing songs, recite poetry (well, they listen while the teacher recites it), dance a little, and go through a couple of books. It lasts like 30-40 minutes, and is a great time. Plus, it might be a great way to meet other moms in the area and tell them about Jesus and the new church! (or just have someone to chill with during the day!)

6/13/2005 10:28 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

We'll be there soon...so get ready to play!!!

6/14/2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

Hmm... what birthday shopping were you doing? ;) Makes me laugh to think of Jed holding a popsicle in the middle :) lol! I actually laugh out loud. We'll be seeing you soon!

6/14/2005 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home