Monday, March 07, 2005

Things b(l)ogging down my mind...

So March is our last real month here in Arkansas. It's strange. I think that moving to my folks house has kind of helped the process along in my mind. It's been a slow exit. Hanging out 20 steps away on the way to being thousands of steps away.

Moving Jed to his Toddler Bed has NOT been easy. I didn't think it would be easy exactly...maybe just more bearable than it has been. He is an active boy and is not interested in just laying down to take a nap. So, the freedom he is experiencing with a bed that he can climb out of is just way too much for one little boy. But I've got to keep trying because we only have till the end of June or early July to get him used to his new bed. At that point he'll have a little sister (allegedly) who needs the crib.

There are two things that I keep hoping to find in the mailbox. I have been anxiously checking the mail for about 2 weeks now and every day they are not there. One should be arriving without a doubt, and the other I am just hoping & praying for it's arrival. It's driving me batty! Thank goodness the mail only comes once a day, because if it were like email I'd be camped at the mailbox at the bottom of my folks hill. And that would be a long trek to the bathroom...and you know pregnant ladies and the bathroom...

Speaking of pregnant stuff...I was at Wal-mart the other day and needed to buy Kleenex - the soft kind with the lotion in it because Jed's nose was so sore that it was likely to start darting all over his face like that "A nose in need, deserves Puff's indeed" commercial. Anyways, I'm such a serious shopper sometimes. I stood there deciding which product I was going to buy for probably 10 minutes. Then, once I decided, I realized that I probably ought to buy a couple of boxes for different rooms. Oh look - there's the multi-pack of the exact product I want to buy. 3 boxes all wrapped up to make one selling unit. The individual box costs $1.47 and the 3 pack costs $4.96. Here's where the pregnant part comes in. I am not exactly a math whiz when pregnant. Actually, I'm more like 'math-stupid'! But I'm pretty sure that the multi-pack of Kleenex is not exactly a bargain. (Yes, I just opened up the calculator to double check that I'm not the retarded one here...) It costs me roughly $.50 more if I want to buy the three-pack. And in doing so, I can't even pick out the box designs that I want. Isn't it supposed to be a bargain if I purchase in bulk? Now with the Kleenex, I'm willing to say that someone just didn't think it thru since it actually cost more to buy in bulk. But I am finding more and more that buying multi-packs at the grocery store doesn't mean you're getting a better deal. For instance - The Frito-Lay bags with the 12 small bags of chips in them. I can buy that for $3 dollars or I can buy 12 of the exact same $.25 bags for the same $3. Only with the individual bags, I get to choose the chips I want, instead of being stuck with what Frito-Lay has deemed a good assortment. I should so be back in the retail world...as a consultant of course.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Nelson said...

Just below the price, there's usually a very small notation about the price per unit (ppu). That is there so you can compare the bulk packages to the single serve versions.

It's a great tool for stupid people like myself who can't do math whether preganant or not!

3/07/2005 6:53 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

what are you waiting for in the mail?

3/08/2005 6:03 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Kristy, I just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog. :) Thanks for sharing your heart about what's going on in your life. I've been inspired. :) I know we haven't been able to spend that much time getting to know each other, but Andrew and I are truly going to miss seeing you at Greenhouse. I've added a link to yours and Jed's blog on ours.

3/10/2005 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at work and thought about you and thought I'd take a quick cruise over to your blog to see what's new. So are you moving in April? To Lafayette, right? I know it will be an adjustment for you, but we down here in BR are quite happy to have you only an hour away! If you're going to be here when baby girl comes I'd love to come see you in the hospital like you did for me in December. I really loved that!...Your kleenex quandry at Walmart sounds like my weekly trip to Walmart, pregnant or not. I will stand and stare at stuff till I'm sure I'm picking the one that's the best deal, which often turns into what seems like a forever ordeal, and I feel like everybody passing me wonders why this girl can't seem to pick out a simple box of sandwich bags....(due to the overwhelming number of Jennifers in the world and I don't know how many you may know, I feel the need to clarify that this comment is posted by your cousin Jennifer :) Love you!

3/14/2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

i love you sis

3/15/2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home