Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Drum Roll Please...

It's a Girl!

We had our 20 week ultrasound today and have learned that baby #2 is, as my grandfather says, a 'violet without a stem'. We are very excited! And, after last time, I, of course, am a little afraid to believe this totally...but I think it will be terribly hard to be guarded.

Everyone kept asking me what I wanted - a boy or a girl - and I kept telling everyone I didn't have a preference. Well, after hearing that it was a girl, I realized that I really didn't have a preference. There was no greater elation or any hint of dissappointment in me at all. I thought that I might be fooling myself because I am one who does not like to set myself up for dissappointment, but I really was as equally excited for either possibility.

Now, the rest of my family I cannot say that about... Most of them kept it no secret that they wanted a girl!

Just to answer your questions before you ask them:
  • This time an Ultrasound Technician did the ultrasound. She does about 15 of these a day, as opposed to the Dr. who does maybe 1 a day.
  • Last time we were only 18 weeks along and this time we were 20.
  • Last time we just trusted what the Dr. told us because we didn't actually see anything that helped us decipher the gender. This time, the Ultrasound Tech asked what we thought and we were pretty sure it looked like a girl - she confirmed that we were correct.
  • We warned the UT about what had happened last time and so she said she would be conservative with us - even her conservative response was that she was 95% sure that we were having a girl.
  • And lastly, this can't happen to a couple more than once right?!?! Right??

3 Comments:

Blogger John Nelson said...

Congrats! In my opinion, it's the perfect setup: boy first, girl second. Then the boy, when he's older, can earn allowance money by beating the holy tar out of boys that come around his sister!

I've enjoyed having a girl first so much, that I don't care whether I get a boy or girl next time...I'll just have to take them to Karate class until they become black belt ninjas and can fend off boys.

2/15/2005 5:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Now that baby girl blanket will actually work!

2/15/2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

I can't wait to meet my Niece!!

3/01/2005 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home