Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Miscellaneous Files...

The Baby Update:
Today at 4pm I have my 36 week appointment. That's the first cervix measuring visit. In other words, we get some idea of how close baby might be to making its way out. If I am not at least as far along as I was with Jed at this point, that will be very sucky. I have been way more uncomfortable and experienced WAY more braxton hicks contractions than I EVER did with Jed.

We're still trying to find a good boy's name...just as a back-up. (Yep, I'm still a little nervous that 'she' might be a 'he'...) If you have any ideas, please share! Of course, we still won't tell you if we choose it...at least not until the baby is born and not unless the baby is a boy...

The Jed Update:
Jed and I spend a lot of time outside lately. We are both getting a pretty nice tan. Jed is still darker than I am, even though I use no sunscreen and he gets lathered up with tons of spf 45. Life is just not fair. Jed's Mimi & Poppa bought him a great little inflatable pool. It's got a slide and all kids of fun stuff that came with it. He loves it! Although, I think he actually likes the water hose more. He finds it real funny to spray mom & dad with the cold hose. It's amazing how well he handles the cold water. Drew and I are complete wimps about it. (Drew more so than me!!) He also really likes drinking from the hose. He drinks yucky stuff from the pool too when there's a cup around. I hope that whole 'too clean makes kids immune systems weak' thing is true, because Jed certainly plays in and eats his share of dirt.

One of his favorite snacks is raisins. He gets absolutely giddy when he sees that little bitty raisin box. He is so cute digging his little fingers in there to pull them out. Part of the fun of eating the raisins is dumping them out and putting them back in the box. We find raisins everywhere. He does too. Outside even. Days later. And he eats them. And I just think to myself, "I sure hope that was a raisin...". We leave raisin trails all over stores. I know people probably think that Wal-mart and the Gap have crazy rat infestations going on.

Jed is really expanding his vocabulary lately. Some words that I can think of off the top of my head - apple, bath, book, cookie, outside, juice, milk (although a lot of his "m" words actually come out as "b" words for some reason...unless he's whining...then mama sounds just right...of course!), Jesus (the ladies at church taught him to say Jesus when they'd ask "Who loves Jed?" It's great!), Poppa, cheese, dog, kitty, yuck, mama & dad. He can say a whole lot of other things when I ask him "Can you say _____?" but he doesn't necessarily associate them with the actual object. Like right now we're working on 'sissie' but of course he doesn't have a clue as to what kind of whirl-wind is about to come and turn his life upside down...

General Family Stuff:
I'm anxious to see how life changes for all of us with the new addition. It's pretty amazing to think that our lives could be any more full (as in fulfilling). And then when I think how we say we want 4 kids, that's just crazy! I spoke with a woman the other day who had 3 children, and her oldest 2 where 21 months apart. She told me that the birth of her second child was the hardest time in her life. But that it was so great now because they are really good friends. That's what I want for my kids. I want them to be great friends. To really enjoy each other. And, don't worry, I'm not totally naive. I totally expect that they will be really good enemies too...

Tonight is our second bible study for Vox. I'm excited. Drew really puts a lot of time and work into preparing for all of this. He's got a great reputation with people in Lafayette; they know that he truly cares about them, and they, in turn, are truly drawn to him. His passion for truth and for people makes for a great combination...

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew Caperton said...

You totally sold me out! Now everyone knows I'm a wuss when it comes to cold water! Nothing like a knife in my back to help me sleep tonight. Vicious, just vicious.

You also said some pretty great things about me at the end and I truly appreciate you, wife of mine. I would not be able to handle this adventure without you right here next to me. You truly are my soul mate.

One more thing about Jed, we LOVE TO WRESTLE! And now, he likes to stand on me, and despite getting a broken rib cage from it, I'll play through the pain. It's just what dad's do.

Can you believe we're going to have two children!! We're are getting old. Wow. Could you pass me my dentures?

6/08/2005 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home