Saturday, May 14, 2005

Family of Origin

This is my family of origin. The Browns. The original "Brown 5."
Original Brown 5
Left to Right: Nathan, Me, Jason, Mom (Denise), & Dad (Dan)

Nathan: My youngest brother graduates from college today. I love you Nate and I'm sorry that we can't be there to help you celebrate. Welcome to the 'real world' where people "spit on you"(according to Drew's blog)... I'm very proud of all that you have become. I hope that everything works out with the China pursuit. Although, a whole year of not seeing you will be way sucky...

Jason: My middle brother, who, this year, is learning so much more about love and forgiveness than most people learn in a lifetime. Jason, you are going thru the fire right now and you are using this time to let God refine your character in an amazing way. I am so excited about how much I have seen you grow. As kids, we always 'ganged up' on you (that's just what happens to the middle child...right?) but please know that we are on your side and we love you so very much.

Mom & Dad: The best parents ever! Thank you for supporting things that aren't always what you would have chosen...like, oh say, taking your grandchildren 10 hrs. away to start a church with no clear plan for providing for them. Thank you for your prayers and your generosity in letting us stay with you before moving.

Someone once complained that it was as though all us kids thought we had the best family ever...The only thing that I have to say in response to that is "Are you blind?!?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

I told you that I always tear up when I read your blog. This was no exception. Thanks "punk"! I love you and am so proud of the amazing heart you have and your constant faithfulness to God's plan...even when it is unclear at times. I love you and I second the fact that we do have the best family ever!! Love you so much and can't wait to see baby (insert name here) soon. I love you all and am praying for you so much right now. He's always been faithful....why would He stop now? HOLLER

5/27/2005 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is faithful and will provide for his children as Dad and I have tried to provide for yall. His timing is just not ours......but he does have eternity...and hopefully it will not take that long for Drew to find a job he loves as pays the bills. Hey I want to retire if he wants mine!!! I will even babysit if you want to work as I have offered before...ha I had to try!!! Not much longer til she comes into this world and joins our family. I wonder if she will have curley hair like you did??? I can already see her brown eyes and long lashes.....dark skin beacuse I don't think she will have a chance for anything else. Well Austin did surprise Kim and Temo with the red hair!! We love and miss you in Arkansas! Love Mom and Dad..

5/27/2005 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home