Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'll skip right to dessert, thanks....

Last week I brought dessert outside after dinner so that we could all enjoy chocolate mint ice cream sandwiches. After carefully unwrapping the paper to expose the bright green ice cream sandwiched between two chocolate cookies, Jed, exclaimed "Ohhh - It's beauuuutiful!!"

However, lately, you can almost bet money on this scenario at dinner time:
Mom cooks dinner.
Mom calls kids & hubby to come eat.
Mom fixes kids plate with a small amount of everything.
Mom places plate in front of kids.
Son, who was previously in a great mood, immediately starts whining that he does not "like that."

Oh what I would give to have him exclaim that dinner is beautiful and actually eat it with out complaining. Without being bribed by dessert to follow...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LouisianaMom said...

That happens at your house too? Our kids proclaim "I m so full I can't eat anymore" Followed by "Can I have a Cookie?"

6/13/2007 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home