Monday, April 02, 2007

Stiffled Laughter

Friday Drew and I were outside doing stuff in the yard and the kids were just playing. Jed was going in & out of the house doing who knows what...I finally stopped asking. Anways, as we're standing out in the yard we hear this incredible loud thump & Jed begins to wail. We look towards the house to find him on the ground at the closed sliding glass door. That's right. He ran smack into it. Thankfully Drew was able to keep from laughing so that he could tend to Jed (who was more shook up than anything) but I had to stay in the yard to keep Jed from seeing how funny I thought this was. Yeah, I'm a terrible mom, I know.

Sadly, this was not the first time something like this has happened to stain my "Mom of the Year" resume. A couple of months ago we were all playing in the front yard. Jed was pulling on a stick that was caught on the swingset. He had his back to the ditch. I'm sure you can see where this is going. When the stick came loose Jed tumbled head over heals back into the ditch. And yep, I laughed. I ran to him and comforted him, but my first reaction was to laugh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing too. That is hilarious, but only because I can kind of see Jed's little face. I have done things like that before.

4/03/2007 1:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was me above

4/03/2007 1:16 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

hilarious! poor baby, i'm sure it was hard not to laugh, i know i would have... have you seen that Windex commercial with the blackbirds?

4/04/2007 2:57 PM  
Blogger Johnny E! said...

No biggie, I do that with Jacob all the time. Most of the time though it is really funny and he didn't hurt himself that bad. Like the time we bought a baby barrier and he climbed over it like 5 minutes after we put it up. He fell off, and hit the floor, and was crying but stopped like 2 seconds after he saw we were laughing.

4/10/2007 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home