Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Bumps & Bruises

Last night Jed had a hard time going to bed. We normally read several books, but last night he just kept ripping them out of my hands. So, finally, in frustration, I told him goodnight and turned off the light and closed his door. A couple of seconds after leaving I heard him hit the door and run back to bed. I thought that he just came and hit the door in anger because I had left. I tended to Riley and then decided to go back and check on a screaming Jed & apologize for leaving in anger. It was dark in his room when I got there and so I went to him and sat on his bed. I saw that he was holding his mouth...and when I turned him towards the light, then I saw that he had blood pooling in his mouth and running down his chin. Poor guy had several cuts on his now fat lip. His face was all red around his mouth, nose, chin and one cheek. I think that he ran face first into the closed door. I am just so thankful that I chose to go back in to make amends...

On the same day, Riley got a nice forceful push from Jed face first onto the hard floor. So she now has a blue colored bruise on her cheek.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I hate stuff like that! I have a one year old and just yesterday heard a weird tapping noise coming from her crib - I usually wouldn't go in but decided to check and it turns out she had gotten ahold of a picture frame and gotten the glass pane out of it and was rolling around in her crib with it. Thanks goodness for that mother's instict that keeps these kids alive!

1/22/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home