Saturday, January 14, 2006

Date Night

Friday Night Date.
A Select-A-Quest Adventure.

As a young girl I used to love to read choose-your-own-adventure books. In case you haven't been introduced to such books, I will quickly explain. At the bottom of each page there are directions to go onto another page. However, on some pages there are options. You get to choose what happens next in the story. Each option leads to a different page with a different story line & some end abruptly due to the choice made. You can read the book dozens of times and never read the same exact story. It's really fun.

Well, Drew knew that I loved these books. So for a date night he actually created his own. It was so perfect. He had every page typed up with an illustrated cover and everything. The book started with Drew arriving home from work to his wife Kristy & their kids, then Kristy giving him a big long kiss in the kitchen or a peck on the cheek - my choice. (Drew let me know, after having chosen the first option, that the second would have led to the end of the date!) Kristy then made a choice as to what type of clothing she would like to wear for the date - something sporty or something dressy. Choosing sporty led us to the batting cage. Then Kristy got to choose what type of food she was hungry for...and so the choices and the story went on...and on...

Drew, although having planned the date, was not sure what our date would actually be. It was really so much fun. And I of course, loved having control and yet still being surprised. It was the most perfect date ever.

I've got everything, more than I ever dreamed.
I love my life.
I thank God for all I have, and that I love this man,
Who loves his wife.
I love my life.
I love my life.
Jamie O'Neal - I Love My Life

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew Caperton said...

Baby, I love you, and even though we've got some tough times, I'm glad you're with me.

1/16/2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger Dr. A said...

Yeah...um...I feel weird posting after Drew's post...like I'm interrupting or something.

ANYWAY...Sweet date. I'm gonna rip off your man's idea!

1/17/2006 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home