Saturday, January 14, 2006

Joy & Tribulation

Teeth: Jed has 3 of his 2 year molars all coming in at the same time. Needless to say, he's quite the grouch. Riley has a bottom tooth coming in also. Well, I think. I have been thinking that for quite some time and yet she has no teeth yet. Yep, she's fussy too.

Dining Out: I think we are discovering our favorite thing about eating out...eating in. It is amazingly hard to eat out and enjoy it with two kids under the age of two. And now that Riley wants to eat when we eat, it's even more difficult. So we are finding out how nice it is to pick up food from our favorite restraunts and bring it back home...we haven't done it often but we might start doing it more as we cut out a lot of our restraunt adventures. Last night we had a great dinner w/ Michael & Janis (my in-laws) at our house - they had salads from Ground Pat'i and we had gas station Greek food - (you're probably thinking, "yuk", but I swear, it is the best & cheapest Greek food in town). We actually all got to sit and eat. Normally one of us is up with one of the kids walking around the restraunt to keep them happy. There have actually been 2 occurances in the past couple of months where I left a restraunt with the kids before we even ordered - I figured, one of us can have a miserable time or all of us can have a miserable time. That's right....I'm such a martyr.

NFL: Denver Broncos just beat the defending superbowl champions in tonight's play off game. Yeah! (At least the Saints get the second draft pick...huh, Drew?)

Sleeping: Riley has not been sleeping thru the night. She did for a little while back when she was a couple of months old but now she wakes up sometime between 2 & 4 am usually...and I have to get her back to sleep. We've tried letting her cry it out but she doesn't EVER go to sleep that way. One night she cried for 45 minutes straight. I don't get it because we do everything right...supposedly. We put her to bed while she's still awake. She goes down so well. I stopped nursing and put her on soy formula so she's much less gassy. The only thing that I can think of that might be making it difficult is that she goes to bed w/ a pacifier and Jed did not. The new SIDS guidelines have me giving her the pacifier for bedtime. If anyone has any ideas for ways to get her sleeping better - PLEASE let me know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew Caperton said...

The only remedy I know of is for us to drug her, but with as many times as she wakes up, we'd make her an addict!

1/15/2006 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home